ScoreBoard Super Bowl Trivia
Ok, we admit that was one of the most boring Super Bowls to watch on record (unless of course you’re a Seahawks fan). So while we were wondering what we were missing on Family Guy Sunday night, we thought we’d rattle off a few trivia questions for our readers:
1) Seattle won the Super Bowl in their second try. What nine franchises have won the Super Bowl in their first try?
A) Packers, Jets, Steelers, 49ers, Bears, Giants, Ravens, Buccaneers, Saints.
2) Seattle linebacker Malcolm Smith was only the 3rd linebacker to claim a Super Bowl MVP – name the other two.
A) Ray Lewis of Baltimore in 2001, and Chuck Howley of Dallas in 1971.
3) Which future Super Bowl winning head coach caught a touchdown pass from Roger Staubach in Super Bowl VI?
A) Mike Ditka
4) The Seahawks are the 4th team to beat the Broncos this year. Name the other three.
A) Colts, Patriots and Chargers.
5) Which four players have won both the Heisman Trophy and Super Bowl MVP?
A) Roger Staubach (Navy and the Cowboys), Jim Plunkett (Stanford and the Raiders), Marcus Allen (USC and the Raiders), and Desmond Howard (Michigan and the Packers).
6) The Broncos have now been in seven Super Bowls. Name the two teams that have appeared in eight.
A) Pittsburgh Steelers and Dallas Cowboys.
7) Name the four current NFL teams that have never been to a Super Bowl.
A) Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville and Detroit.
8) Who is the only player with three interceptions in a Super Bowl?
A) Rod Martin – picked off three for Oakland in their 27-10 victory over Philadelphia in Super Bowl XV.
9) Who is the oldest quarterback to win a Super Bowl?
A) John Elway at 38 (Manning would have been second oldest if he would have won yesterday).
10) Who has been the head coach in the most Super Bowl games?
A) Don Shula with six appearances. Two with the Baltimore Colts and four with the Miami Dolphins – his record is 2-4.