ScoreBoard’s Top Ten College Football Uniforms
We at Scoreboard don’t necessarily pride ourselves on our fashion sense, but we do know what looks good when it comes to sports. We also tip our symbolic caps to teams and programs that find something that works and stick with it – i.e. the Red Sox, Packers, and Black Hawks (sorry Oregon, Baylor and TCU and your ever changing uniforms you’re not going to make our list). With that in mind here’s a look at what we consider to be the best of the best in college football uniforms:
9) Penn State – Classic, simple, understated. It works for Linebacker U.
8) Auburn – The navy, orange and blue combination works well on all three elements of the Tigers’ uniforms – jerseys, helmets and pants.
6) USC- Great color combination that just makes you think “Heisman.” We like their cheerleaders look too……
3) Ohio State – Scarlett and grey are terrific colors, but its the buckeye leafs that adorn the helmets (given out for great plays) that push the Buckeyes into our top three.
1) Michigan – When you see the striped maize and blue helmets of the Wolverines there’s no doubt who you’re watching.